Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Attention Whore


Recently I put a post on Craigslist, describing what I was looking for in the perfect guy. I guess I wasn't exactly looking for a date, I just wanted some amazing men to come my way, and restore my faith that there are incredible men who are not consumed with superficial means. And the result was overwhelming. I got probably 30 responses, and 20-25 of those were great. They were educated, sweet, handsome and interesting men. I talked to most of them, and it was such an uplifting experience. I still am emailing a bunch of them, and who knows, might meet them if I'm feeling up to it. I am just shocked to see what could come of my city. So thank you to all the guys that read my post and responded. I listed the actual post below, because I liked it, and wanted to keep it just in case :)


So here it is. I am seeking something different. I'm looking for the guy that can't seem to fit himself inside the lines. He's someone who loves art and music, and sees the world with eyes open. He has a kind heart and understands himself. He's motivated and spontaneous. He isn't consumed with material gain, but also knows the importance of financial security. He's educated, and inspired by the beauty in the world. He knows that true intimacy can exist while fully clothed. He's not the guy obsessed with his appearance or in front of the TV watching sports. He doesn't spend all his time in front of the computer, or playing video games. He is the guy who sits on his couch reading a book while listening to the rain fall outside his window and thinks about the song in his head.

I know I'm asking for something most people never find, which is why I'm asking here. If you know the reference I'm making in the posting title, you're already on your way to opening the right door. Who knows we might just become great friends. Or maybe, just maybe...something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment