Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Soulmates?


If I have a soulmate, this is who he'd be. It might seem silly, but I want a guy who loves cats, enjoys drinking tea, and wants nothing more than to hold my hand. It's the little things, like understanding that I hate to be the center of attention, so he doesn't put me there, or just brushing my hair from my eyes in one confident stroke of his hand. I want him to wear cardigans, with ripped sneakers and dark rimmed glasses. Someone who thinks laying in bed while we each read our favorite book is an incredible way to end a saturday night. I want someone who isn't interested in sports and who would love to have coffee and talk about his favorite musicans/bands...because they'd be mine too. When I play him my favorite song, without asking, he will hang on every word, because he knows the importance of this song in my life. He will find songs that he thinks I will love, and WILL love them. I'll hold his hand, and a sense of calmness will come over me, and it'll bring me to tears. I will lay naked with him in broad day light and watch him as he notices every curve, every wrinkle, every imperfection and tells me I'm the most beautiful woman he's ever seen because he means it. He won't get angry when I get anxious, but let me have my moment, and quietly love me through it. He will know that while I am emotional, my emotions are not a weakness, and he will honor them and never take advantage of them or criticize me for them. He won't hang our relationship over my head or threaten me with his love. His love for me will be unconditional. He will teach me about art, and science, help me to see the world through new eyes. I will feel challenged and respected each and every day we are together. He will be educated, and love learning as much as he loves life. He won't be consumed by financial gain, but he will know the importance of financial security. This soulmate of mine will hold me in the most gentle and secure way I'll ever know. He'll make love to me, not because I want us to be emotionally connected, but because it's impossible for him not to be connected to me. He will also know just how much authority to show when we're having sex so that it turns me on but does not scare me. He will sing to me as he plays the guitar, and be the first guy I've ever known to teach me how to play. He'll believe in my strength, and listen to every painful childhood memory without wanting to run. I will the greatest love of his life, and he will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment